ABOUT THE LAKE
At around 100 acres in size this natural Slovenian lake offers some fantastic action and many fish to over 70lb.
The fish in this lake are growing at record rates each year and the lake currently has over 20 x 60lb+ fish, 50 x 50lbers and 150 x 40lb carp and hundreds of fish 28lb plus.
Catch rates between 5 and 10 fish per day is the norm here if you are situated in one of the prime areas (which we will of course make sure that you are) and again you will be blown away by the views over the mountains and surrounding alpine forests.
You will even see two fully-grown brown bears that were rescued after their mother was killed on the approach roads to the lake some years ago and are now held for breeding nearby to the lake.
Catfish well in excess of 100lb also reside in the lake.
FLIGHT BOOKING INFO
We recommend checking flight availability before booking with us.
We are happy to work the fishing days around your flights and if you would like to add an extra days accommodation to ensure that you have the full 7 days fishing because of late flying times then we are happy to accommodate you.
For instance if a flights arrives late on a Friday (or other) evening we would pick you up and take you to your pre arranged accommodation. (Hotel/Apartment/Campsite)
We would then collect you first thing in the morning and travel to the lake. You could then fish 7 days and fly home the following Saturday.
SECURE ONLINE BOOKING
- What Should I Bring:
- Tackle Box with all end tackle. (Due to airline weight restrictions we advise you to put leads in your pockets.) We also sell leads if you require more.
- Bite Alarms, Indicators & Buzz Bars: Bank sticks and pods (if needed) are provided.
- Footwear: Bring some sliders/crocs useful for going in and out of the water.
- Scales: Bring at least one set per group. Fish go over 70lb in all lakes.
- Sleeping Bag. (We have a selection of bags and shrouds but many people prefer bringing their own.
- Pillow: Not essential but useful for the plane and on the bank.
- Head Torch Bivvy Light
- Spods bait Rockets
- Wrap Sticks. (We have some availible if yours are too long for a suitcase)
- Reels and Spod Reel: 0.35 (18lb) line is recommended for most lakes and 0.28 with leaders for distance fishing the Croatia Lakes.
- Phone Charger Pack: (We have charger packs for hire that will last a week.)
- Popups: (Not essential as we have bait and matching pop ups for sale)
- Tea/Coffee: Bring your own Tea Bags. The coffee in Slovenia is very good so you can buy it locally.
When flying each angler will receive the following:
- Large Bivvy
- Greys Aircurve Rods
- Spod Rod
- Nash Indulgence Bedchair
- Nash Gazebo per swim
- Fish Care Equipment per swim
- Landing Net
- Rod Bag
- 1 chair
- Bank Sticks or Pod if required.
- Cooking Equipment (Not lake Bled)
- Gas Burner, Ridgemonkey Combi Set, Large Pan, Kettle, plates, cup and cutlery.
- Cool Box (Fridge Hire Available. Recommended May-September)
Please Note a €200 euro deposit is payable on arrival for equipment hire.
The following items are available weekly at a surcharge:
Gas Fridge and 6kg bottle: £50
Dinghy, Electric Motor and 120ah leisure battery £80
Honda Senci 1.8kw Petrol Generator (UK Plugs) £80
To charge leisure batteries, phones, fans and anything else that drains less than 1.8kw power. (Includes 5litres petrol and spare cans)
HPV Gas Heater and Bottle £50
6kg Spare Gas Bottles €20
Phone Charger Packs. (7 charge minimum) £10
Mountain Bike (Per day) 12€
Electric Mountain Bike (Per day) 22€
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
VIP Carp Holidays and Balkan Fishing Adventures facilitate fishing on public lakes in Slovenia and Croatia and it should be noted that in rare circumstances it might not be possible to situate customers on their first choice lake.
VIP Carp Holidays and Balkan Fishing Adventures accept no liability should this occur as alternatives will always be offered to similarly stocked lakes.
Full terms and conditions will be provided upon booking your selected trip