Zajarki - New for 2019
Zajarki is without a doubt one of the best stocked lakes in the world! There are almost 200 70lb plus fish with 6 known fish over 90lb and many more hot on the heels. The fish are showing growth rates of between 10 and 20lb per year. The lake is a gravel pit which is around 60 acres in size holding well over 1000 Carp. It is regularly used for matches and holds many match world records for individual fish, total weight and biggest winning weight. Fish can be caught close in but Zajarki is known for its long range fishing with many anglers comfortable fishing over 150m. No boats or bait boats separate the better anglers from the pack and the rewards are truly incredible! Please note there is a very strict 5 minute rule for fish out of water. The lake is understandably very busy with most swims full everyday of the year with anglers from all over Europe although it is relatively unknown to UK anglers.
We recommend checking flight availability before booking with us.
We are happy to work the fishing days around your flights and if you would like to add an extra days accommodation to ensure that you have the full 7 days fishing because of late flying times then we are happy to accommodate you.
For instance if a flights arrives late on a Friday (or other) evening we would pick you up and take you to your pre arranged accommodation. (Hotel/Apartment/Campsite)
We would then collect you first thing in the morning and travel to the lake. You could then fish 7 days and fly home the following Saturday.
- What Should I Bring:
- Tackle Box with all end tackle. (Due to airline weight restrictions we advise you to put leads in your pockets.) We also sell leads if you require more.
- Bite Alarms, Indicators & Buzz Bars: Bank sticks and pods (if needed) are provided.
- Footwear: Bring some sliders/crocs useful for going in and out of the water.
- Scales: Bring at least one set per group. Fish go over 70lb in all lakes.
- Sleeping Bag. (We have a selection of bags and shrouds but many people prefer bringing their own.
- Pillow: Not essential but useful for the plane and on the bank.
- Head Torch Bivvy Light
- Spods bait Rockets
- Wrap Sticks. (We have some availible if yours are too long for a suitcase)
- Reels and Spod Reel: 0.35 (18lb) line is recommended for most lakes and 0.28 with leaders for distance fishing the Croatia Lakes.
- Phone Charger Pack: (We have charger packs for hire that will last a week.)
- Popups: (Not essential as we have bait and matching pop ups for sale)
- Tea/Coffee: Bring your own Tea Bags. The coffee in Slovenia is very good so you can buy it locally.
When flying each angler will receive the following:
- Large Bivvy
- Greys Aircurve Rods
- Spod Rod
- Nash Indulgence Bedchair
- Nash Gazebo per swim
- Fish Care Equipment per swim
- Landing Net
- Rod Bag
- 1 chair
- Bank Sticks or Pod if required.
- Cooking Equipment (Not lake Bled)
- Gas Burner, Ridgemonkey Combi Set, Large Pan, Kettle, plates, cup and cutlery.
- Cool Box (Fridge Hire Available. Recommended May-September)
Please Note a €200 euro deposit is payable on arrival for equipment hire.
The following items are available weekly at a surcharge:
Gas Fridge and 6kg bottle: £50
Dinghy, Electric Motor and 120ah leisure battery £80
Honda Senci 1.8kw Petrol Generator (UK Plugs) £80
To charge leisure batteries, phones, fans and anything else that drains less than 1.8kw power. (Includes 5litres petrol and spare cans)
HPV Gas Heater and Bottle £50
6kg Spare Gas Bottles 20€
Phone Charger Packs. (7 charge minimum) £10
Mountain Bike (Per day) 12€
Electric Mountain Bike (Per day) 22€
As there are no other lakes with this immense stock in the Balkans and it is one of the busiest lakes in the world customers should be aware that the lake could potentially be full on arrival. Our guides have excellent local knowledge and so this has never happened but should this occur then a refund of £150 per person would be paid and alternatives offered to Ontario Lake.